Boboi Beach Lodge, Kartong
[See web site]
Boboi Beach Lodge is a collection of simple African huts nestled amongst tropical
gardens, rolling sand dunes and shady Rhun palms on The Gambia's southern coast. The beach-front
setting is simply stunning and although you're only an hour's drive from the package holiday tourist
resorts of Senegambia, Kololi and Kotu, it feels like you're a million miles away!
The standard rooms at Boboi are en-suite, clean and functional, although
they are quite basic by European standards. At times, you should be prepared to use the shared shower
& toilet block, or shower 'Gambian-style' with a bucket and cup. We recommend upgrading to the
newer beach view bungalows (supplement: £10 pppn). These rooms are more spacious, airy and have better
bathroom facilities. However, if you're looking for a more up-market alternative try
Sandele Bay Eco-retreat,
approx 10 minutes walk north along the beach.
In keeping with it's eco-credentials, Boboi Beach Lodge has solar lighting in the
huts and at the restaurant building, where you can also charge your mobile phone, camera etc. during
the day. You can stay at Boboi Beach Lodge on bed & breakfast basis as part of your
Discover the River itinerary; and if you prefer
half-board there's a supplement of £8 pppn.
- 15 individual African-style huts
- Good birdwatching opportunities nearby e.g. Kartong sand mine, for European Spoonbill, Spotted Redshank, Painted Snipe etc.
- Close to the southern border with Senegal where you can take a boat trip up the Allahein River
- Go fishing on the practically deserted beach, or pick up a bodyboard (available on site) and surf the waves!
- Included as part of your Discover the River itinerary on B&B basis
- Single supplement: £15 pppn; half-board supplement: £8 pppn.
- Upgraded rooms (beach view bungalows): £10 pppn supplement.
View more hotels and eco-lodges in The Gambia